Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My BOBA Obsession


This past weekend, my wife and I were on our way home from San Mateo and feeling a little hungry. So, we stopped into a San Jose Vietnamese restaurant called My Tho. They had a very good menu, with a diverse selection of noodle dishes. I ordered the Bun, and Cate got the Pho...they were both amazing.

My point to this story comes around in my drink order. They had an avocado boba shake on the menu. Seeing as I couldn't pass on the opportunity to try an avocado shake, I did the only proper thing...I ordered one. And let me tell you, it was the best/worst decision of my life. It was the best decision, because it tasted amazing. It was the worst decision, because we don't live close enough to My Tho to get another boba soon.

Now I am officially obsessed with all things boba. We have since purchased a large packet of tapioca pearls for home boba experimentation. Last night I attempted an avocado boba shake, but it just wasn't as good as the My Tho version. Just when I thought I would never get a good boba in town, I typed "San Luis Obispo Boba" into Google...And I found that not only did a Quickly open in the last month, but my gym, Club 24, has had boba since it opened, I guess I'm just clueless.

Now I am in Boba heaven.

No comments: